Seoul Medical Tourism
- Seoul, the center of medical tourism
- In 2021, 145,842 medical tourists from 191 countries visited Korea, and 72,575 (50%) of them chose Seoul. As 1,721 healthcare centers attracting foreign patients are located in Seoul, foreign patients can receive various healthcare services including severe disease treatment, skin and beauty, and traditional Korean medicine.
Source: Korea Health Industry Development Institute
- Top healthcare technology and system
- Korea has world-class healthcare technology and system.
Korea boasts the best healthcare technology as its mortality rate of ischemic heart disease is 34.8 (per 100,000 people), its one-year liver transplant survival rate is 86.88%, its five-year cancer survival rate is 70.6%, and its number of beauty procedures ranks third in the world.
In addition, specialists account for 67.2% of the doctors, and according to NUMBEO, Korea ranks second in healthcare from an overall quality evaluation about healthcare system, medical experts, equipment, staff, doctors, and cost.
In IMTJ Medical Travel Summit 2019, Korea won Medical Tourism Destination of the Year for two years in a row. Moreover, the country was highly evaluated for healthcare technology innovation, infrastructure, and contributions to the international community.
- Renowned COVID-19 control and prevention
- American business magazine Forbes reported Korea as ranking third among 100 safest countries for COVID-19. Seoul’s preemptive and innovative disease control and prevention system has become a new model for the world.
- Convenient accessibility
- Seoul is located 60 km from Incheon Airport, which is about an hour’s drive by car. Its diverse public transport system allows you to move around easily in the city. Seoul is evolving into a “one-stop destination” where international patients can visit health care centers easily and quickly from arrival to departure.
See & Do in Seoul
- Korean skincare products are used by Hallyu stars and are popular around the world. Many foreign tourists seek out Korean cosmetics and skincare products on visits to Seoul.
- Spas are the ultimate wellness tourist attraction. Koreans and foreign visitors alike love spas and the country has a diverse variety of spas to visit. Try everything from luxurious high-end hotel spas to the community-driven Korean jjimjilbang (Koreandry sauna).
- Seoul is located in the heart of Asia and it’s one of the world’s most dynamic cities. Seoul has a unique blend of traditional and modern sights. Tourists can enjoy stunning ancient palaces and traditional culture as well as modern sights like the Moonlight Rainbow Fountain at Banpodaegyo Bridge, Sebitseom, and the DDP LED Rose Garden
- Seoul has everything from high-end department stores to traditional markets, as well as duty-free stores. Seoul's fashion scene sets trends all over Asia and there's no better place than Seoul to purchase trendy clothes and beautiful traditional Korean items.
- Slow food
- Traditional Korean food consists mostly of dishes made with tasty natural ingredients and fermented foods, a.k.a. “slow" foods. Korean food is popular with foreign tourists as well who are shunning fast food in favor of healthy, tasty slow food.
- Soul Journey
- Heal your soul in Seoul! Relieve stress and unwind through fun activities. Temple stays are a great way to experience spirituality and peace of mind. Have fun seeing Seoul’s K-pop and Hallyu attractions in Seoul.